Now into their 9th year, the Soldiering On Awards recognise many truly inspirational people and teams; highlighting the outstanding achievements of current and former service men and women, their families and all those who support the Armed Forces Community.
This year there are two new Awards:
- The Education, Training and Development Award will recognise excellence in skills development, particularly in light of resettlement and transition
- The Defence Inclusivity Award will recognise organisations and individuals who are working to achieve greater diversity and inclusion across the Armed Forces community.
Nominations are welcome from the Armed Forces Community and the general public under the categories shown below
1.Healthcare & Rehabilitation Award – sponsored by Redwood Technologies Group
In recognition of a person or team who have demonstrated a major commitment and contribution in support of the physical or mental welfare of serving or former members of the armed forces community through healthcare, therapeutic treatment or rehabilitation services and support.
2.Family Values Award – sponsored by NetApp
In recognition of a person, family or group whose selfless commitment, dedication and support for others in ensuring that they are cared for is a shining example of Family Values.
3.Sporting Excellence Award – sponsored by Spectra Group
In recognition of a person or team who have overcome challenges and demonstrated outstanding achievements in the field of sport.
4. Inspiration Award
In recognition of a person or group who have overcome significant challenges, injury or disability and whose achievements are an inspiration to others.
5. Forces in Mind Trust Working Together Award – sponsored by FiMT
In recognition of a person, team or organisation that has demonstrated an enduring commitment and collaborative approach to supporting the sector within the wider community
6. Animal Partnership Award – sponsored by Pets at Home
In recognition of the unique companionship and support provided by animal partners and the achievements of organisations who support the Armed Forces Community
7. Education, Training and Development Award – sponsored by Capita
Recognising excellence in the provision of education, training and skills development in support of vocational or employment transition.
8. Defence Inclusivity Award – sponsored by Landmarc
Recognising the commitment and achievements of individuals and organisations in achieving greater diversity and inclusion throughout the Armed Forces community.
9. Business of the Year – Start Up Award – sponsored by Sage
In recognition of a new business, that was started by an individual linked with the armed forces, that has been in business for less than two years
10. Business of the Year – Scale Up Award – sponsored by the London Stock Exchange
In recognition of a business, that was started by an individual linked with the armed forces, that was established over two years ago and still retains a minimum of 51% interest in the venture
11. Business of the Year – Community Impact Award – sponsored by Cisco
In recognition of a business, that was started up by an individual linked with the armed forces, that has a made a real impact to the Armed Forces Community
12. Lifetime Achievement Award
In recognition of a person or group whose lifetime of dedicated service has provided a significant contribution in support of the Armed Forces Community